Do you have a song that just gets you totally pumped? A song that signals to you that you can do ANYTHING and nothing can stand in your way?
I have quite a few songs in my kick-ass anthems playlist that automatically can just take me there like…
- Back in Black, AC/DC
- Can You Feel It, Michael Jackson
- She’s a Bad Mama Jama, Carl Carlton
- Home, Phillip Phillips
- Don’t Stop Til You Get Enough, Michael Jackson
- Another One Bites the Dust, Queen
- Pump it, Black Eyed Peas
- We Run This, Missy Elliot
- Titanium, David Guetta & Sia
- Firework, Katy Perry
- All I Do Is Win, DJ Kahled
Any time one of these songs comes on I instantly feel like I can make magic…hell, miracles, happen. Whether I’m trying to push myself to add a few weights in my BodyPump class or facing a massive work-work/house-work/mom-work to-do list, these songs just take me there. I can’t help but think to myself, “You got this, Chica!”
Believe That “You Got This”
If there is one piece of advice that I can give to any of you it would be to believe that, whatever it is, “you got this.”
Say it with me…”I got this.” Now louder…”I GOT THIS!”
Self-confidence and perseverance are two of the biggest tools in your personal and professional toolkit. When you internalize and believe that you can handle anything life throws your way YOU are empowering YOURSELF.
The best part about the “you-got-this” mentality is that it applies to absolutely anything, no matter how simple or how complex.
Knowing that you got this doesn’t mean that you automatically know how to do something nor does it mean that you’ll perfect a task or challenge straight out of the gate. All that the “you-got-this” attitude ensures is three things:
- If you have no idea what you’re doing, you have the confidence that you can figure it out via research, practice, or sheer will.
- Once you have a plan of action, you will execute that plan with unyielding commitment.
- In the event that you don’t succeed, you will definitely up your game the next time around.
So this month, whether it’s your career, mastering a new hobby or interest, taking charge of your fitness, strengthening your relationships, making new friends, or just looking for a new spin on life, we know “you got this.”
Tell us, what’s your #1 favorite kick-booty anthem and what is the one thing that you’re most proud of that you accomplished with an “I got this” attitude?