We’ve all been there before – you get busy with kids, work, life in general and all of a sudden you can’t remember the last time you were alone with your spouse, let alone ALONE with your spouse. *wink wink nudge nudge*
Don’t get too caught up in the hustle and bustle of life and forget about the romance … try these 8 ways to bring back the SPARK today.
8) Leave love notes in unexpected places. Keep a pad of post-it notes handy and leave notes in unexpected places. Try on the back of their deodorant or on the dashboard of their car. You can even use a dry erase marker on your bathroom mirror – that’s my favorite place to leave a note.
7) Take the reins. Too often, we leave the details date nights up to the other person. And I don’t know about your house, but at mine we always end up in the “what do you want to do – I don’t know, what do you want to do” discussion. Take the initiative to plan the next date night – book the babysitter, pick out a restaurant or a movie and surprise your spouse with a night out. Bonus points if it’s something THEY are interested in.
6) KISS for at least 15 seconds. Ever find yourself wondering when the last time you had a toe-curling kiss? Yup, that’s a rut. Next time you see your honey, grab them and plant one on them for at LEAST 15 seconds – ignore everything and lose yourself in each other for a moment.
5) Go digital. Use your phone & text messages for good, not evil. Go beyond “I love you” and try something like “I don’t say it enough, but I really like. . .” Or go a little further with something like “I can’t stop thinking about your. . .” Have FUN and let them know how much you appreciate and want them.
4) Get your sweat on – solo. Mind outta the gutter – though I like the way you think – I’m talking about fitness. Exercise. That thing you really don’t want to do, but feel like you should? Yeah, that. Working out gives you endorphins and makes you feel good -> gives you confidence -> makes you desirable. Like you really needed another reason to workout, right?
3) Write a sexy letter. It’s tough to tell someone what you want in person, but writing it down can make it SO much easier. Pen a little fantasy you’ve been wanting to share with your love and leave it somewhere they’ll find it. (Think bathroom or in a book he’s reading instead of his briefcase or purse where it may be found by someone else.)
2) Brag about your spouse. Stop complaining about what your spouse does wrong or doesn’t do at all. Instead, focus on those things that they’re amazing at – and then share those kind words whenever you speak about them. Remember: What you focus on grows, so focus on the good shit.
1) Embrace your inner vixen with a Spicy Subscription. Think Influenster meets Adam & Eve and you’ve got this (very discreet) adult monthly subscription. Not only do you get some amazing products shipped right to your door, but you’ve got the perfect excuse to put the kids to bed early and play at least once a month. Since you never know what you’re gonna get, it could be the perfect way to really put the SPICE back in your love life.
What are your tips for bringing back the spark? Share them with us!