Nobody knows the challenges that military spouses face like other military spouses. And when it comes to business, unless you’ve had to pack up a business and move it across the country or around the world, it can be hard to even imagine the difficulties that come with relocating your business headquarters every two to three years. It was in the face of these difficulties that a small group of military spouse business owners came together and created the Military Spouse Business Association.
Founded in 2006, The Military Spouse Business Association (MSBA) sought to fill the need for networking and education while military spouse business owners developed and moved their businesses with the military. Since then, the MSBA has continues to be an all-volunteer support organization with a current membership of more than a thousand military spouse business owners.
The Military Spouse Business Association’s Mission
MSBA’s mission is to offer tools and resources to encourage a Military Spouse entrepreneur through the military lifestyle, in order to obtain business success. MSBA promotes Military Spouse-owned businesses in our communities and online, facilitating that spouse’s ability to maintain meaningful self-employment as they follow and support their servicemember spouse.
Why Join MSBA?
MSBA offers free membership to all spouses of Active Duty, National Guard, Reserve, and retired Servicemembers. Membership includes access to all of our free programs, including:
- Red, White and Blue Pages – all MSBA members may list their business in our online directory of military family and veteran owned businesses.
- Small Business Incubator Program – we help to match seasoned business professionals with Military Spouse business owners committed to growing their businesses
- Peer-to-Peer Mentoring – As a community, we are our own best asset. Got a question? Need some advice or references for services? We invite all of our members to connect and share, through our social media channels and forums, the kind of knowledge that can only be gained through experience.
- Links to resources – Because we’ve been there and we know how important it is to have access to accurate information, we are constantly adding to our resources list. Here you can find things like what to consider when moving a business, how to start the process to become a GSA Schedule contractor, installation-specific information on running a business on post and many other frequently asked questions.
- Access to our Ask Legal and Ask an Accountant Team – MSBA members can submit their legal, tax, and accounting questions to our staff volunteer lawyer and accountant.
What Are You Waiting For? Join MSBA Today!
We are here for you, whether you are just beginning to consider self-employment and entrepreneurship or have been in business for years. We will do everything we can to help you get the information and resources you need to start and grow your business.
And if you are looking for a volunteer opportunity that allows you to share the knowledge and experience that comes with being a successful military spouse business owner, we’d love to hear from you.
Ready to join us? Visit us online and register, or find us on Facebook and Twitter.Interested in listing your business in our Red, White, and Blue Pages directory? Request your invitation.