NextGen MilSpouse’s Happy Hour Podcast is the official podcast of. We offer a fresh and modern take on military life for today’s military spouse. From navigating your career to surviving your next move, NextGen MilSpouse has you covered.
Our news and current events are brought to you by our friends at Military.com. Make sure you never miss a show or a story by subscribing to our podcast on iTunes or GooglePlay and by signing up for the NextGen MilSpouse Newsletter . Still want more? Connect with our fans in our Happy Hour Facebook Group.
This post might contain affiliate links to products we mention in our podcast which basically means we earn a few cents if you buy through our links…they help us keep the lights on and the party going.
Episode 45 Happy Hour Podcast Notes
This week we are joined by Claire Pozek and Liz Marion from The Milspo Project as we talk about their upcoming fundraiser and the community of milspouse entrepreneurs that inspire them. We also discuss the latest fashion trends that aren’t from the runway, but rather crumbled up in the bottom of your dirty clothes hamper.
This Week’s Happy Hour Guests: Claire Pozek and Liz Marion from The Milspo Project
This week’s guests are Claire Pozek and Liz Marion from The Milspo Project, a global network of military spouses who believe entrepreneurship is a unique answer to the military spouse unemployment crisis in our country. Claire and Liz tell us why they love The Milspo Project and why you should go to their first fundraiser, the Honor Auction, in Wilmington, N.C., on May 12.
What We’re Talking About on NextGen MilSpouse
- You’re Not Going to Love Every Duty Station and That’s OK
- My Degree Does Not Define Me
- How to Get It Together So You Stay Together
Thank You to Our Sponsor, Armed Forces Insurance
NextGen MilSpouse Happy Hour is presented in partnership with Armed Forces Insurance.
Celebrating 130 years of protecting the nation’s current and retire service members, their children and Department of Defense civilians, AFI has a singular mission: You.
Armed Forces Insurance has military specialists and each member has an assigned agent, licensed in every state. From renter to business, home to auto insurance, there is a product to meet your needs.
Get your quote today at AFI.org.
Amy Brings the News from Military.com
- The new Tricare Dental contract is now in effect.
- The female troop divorce rate is up slightly while the male rate is largely unchanged.
What You Might’ve Missed on Social Media
- Is that a PT shirt on the Forever 21 site? Yes. Yes it was. Keyword: was.
- Amy tells us that Sheryl Sandberg’s new book Option B: Facing Adversity, Building Resilience, and Finding Joy is a page-turner and a tear-jerker. Keep the Kleenex close.
- Military spouses in a STEM field, this survey is for you.
- According to “Hey Sailor!” military life is better when you have these 11 things.