NextGen MilSpouse’s Happy Hour Podcast is the official podcast of. We offer a fresh and modern take on military life for today’s military spouse. From navigating your career to surviving your next move, NextGen MilSpouse has you covered.
Our news and current events are brought to you by our friends at Military.com. Make sure you never miss a show or a story by subscribing to our podcast on iTunes or GooglePlay and by signing up for the NextGen MilSpouse Newsletter .
Episode 42 Happy Hour Podcast Notes
Join the NextGen MilSpouse Happy Hour podcast crew as we welcome Ashley Broadway-Mack, president of the American Military Partner Association. During this week’s show Ashley opens up about her calling to serve military families, Jessica tries out power poses to squash impostor syndrome and Adrianna confesses that she feels like her current duty station is kicking her out.
This Week’s Happy Hour Guest: Ashley Broadway-Mack, AMPA President
This week’s guest is Ashley Broadway-Mack, president and founding board member of the American Military Partner Association (AMPA). With more than 50,000 members and supporters around the world, AMPA is the nation’s largest organization of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender military families and their allies.
Every year AMPA hosts a kickass gala, which is a must-attend event for supporters of AMPA. The Happy Hour podcast crew already snagged their tickets for the 2017 AMPA National Gala presented by USAA & Comcast NBCUniversal. Buy yours today!
What We’re Talking About on NextGen MilSpouse
- Congrats to Sybil from “A Mom’s Blog” for winning our photo contest
- I Am Good Enough
- 7 People Every Working Military Spouse Needs in Their Life
- Military Spouse Who Works It: Tiffanie Farleigh
Amy Brings the News from Military.com
- Mark your calendars. The DoD’s Virtual Military Spouse Symposium won’t be 4 days of death by PowerPoint. We promise.
- Mark Green is rumored to be the new nominee for Secretary of the Army.
What You Might’ve Missed on Social Media
- Our newest obsession: The Rosie Planner!
- PCS season means more than DITY moves and scheduling your overseas medical screening appointments. It means saying “see you later” to friends who are moving to a new duty station.
- Jo My Gosh! says “Stop Asking When We’re Having Babies.” Enough already.