NextGen MilSpouse’s Happy Hour Podcast is the official podcast of. We offer a fresh and modern take on military life for today’s military spouse. From navigating your career to surviving your next move, NextGen MilSpouse has you covered.
Our news and current events are brought to you by our friends at Military.com. Make sure you never miss a show or a story by subscribing to our podcast on iTunes or GooglePlay and by signing up for the NextGen MilSpouse Newsletter .
Episode 39 Happy Hour Podcast Notes
Join the NextGen MilSpouse Happy Hour Podcast crew as they welcome director (and Air National Guard milspouse) Stephanie Hearn Purcell. We also catch up on the news (hello hiring freeze), what’s new on NextGen, and the perils of working from home.
Our Guest: Stephanie Hearn Purcell, “To Love and Support: The American Military Spouse”
This week’s guest is Stephanie Hearn Purcell, producer and director of “To Love and Support: The American Military Spouse,” an award-winning documentary about military spouses from all branches past and present.
From deployments to homecomings, this documentary aims to show what daily life is like when you’re raising children, pursuing a career and maintaining personal independence while living with the military expectation of “Duty First.”
The documentary depicts how some aspects of the role of military spouse have changed and others remained the same. You can rent “To Love and Support: The American Military Spouse” on Amazon.
What We’re Talking About on NextGen MilSpouse
- What You Say vs. What Your Family Hears
- 9 Things You Don’t Need To Do as a Military Spouse
- Yes, I Moved Without an Engagement Ring
Amy Brings the News from Military.com
- Military Schools Get New Reprieve from Hiring Freeze
- Experts to Troops: Don’t Sweat Report on Scrapping Allowances, For Now
What You Might’ve Missed on Social Media
- Unless you’ve been living under a rock, this dad is our work-from-home hero of the week.
- Homefront Rising is returning May 12, register today to learn how to be an advocate and even run for public office.
- NextGen MilSpouse is looking for original photos taken by military spouses to feature in our online magazine in April. The theme is “Get It Together.” Think outside the moving box. Think awkward moments with your packers. Think DITY know-how. Email your best photo today to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline is March 29.