This conversation is sponsored by Endeavor Life Sciences. All text and opinions are my own.
Distance, separation and celebrating anniversaries, holidays and milestones away from your significant other are the trademarks of a military couple.
Newlyweds joke that they have spent more time apart than in the same time zone.
Military children’s memories are shaped by recollections of their parent either being at home or away.
Seasoned military spouses can rattle off the number of family reunions and weddings they have attended alone.
Fortunately, technology makes it easier to stay connected when you are ridiculously far away from your lover.
Here are our favorite products to help military spouses stay connected with their spouses or significant others during times of separation.
5 Ways To Show Someone You Really Love Them When You Are Ridiculously Far Away From Each Other
Synchronize Your Connection Using A Dual Time Zone Watch. I could set up a deployment corner in my kitchen with a clock set to the time zone in Kuwait. But ain’t nobody got time for that!
Enter the dual time zone watch.
There are plenty of choices for an attractive dual time zone watch for him or her on Amazon. With this watch, you will always know what time it is at home and at the FOB.
Dinner And A Movie Together Yet Apart. The date night standard is dinner and a movie, right? Not when you are in a long-distance relationship.
Unless you and your service member use Synaptop, a virtual online operating system that lets you watch the same movie as your partner in real time. You can live chat while watching the movie.
Now your only problem is convincing your Marine to watch your favorite rom-com.
Engraving Your Love Location On A Geo Bracelet. If you and your sailor met in San Diego, America’s Finest City will always have a special place in your heart. With a personalized bracelet engraved with the geographic coordinates of San Diego, your love story will hang on your wrist while he is on unaccompanied orders to Korea.
Listen To The Steady Pounding Of Your Heartbeat. Oh technology, how great thou art. A product, called Pillow Talk, lets you both hear each other’s heartbeats in real time as you drift off to sleep – the sound you hear as you lay your head on his chest.
Each set has 2 wristbands and speakers. According to its creators, “The wristband tracks the heartbeat and transfers its sound to the speaker your spouse has tucked under their pillow and vice versa.”
There’s only one problem with this technology – time zones. When you’re awake, he’s asleep and when you’re asleep, he’s awake. God, how we hate time zones.
Add Your DNA To A Tattoo On Your Spouse’s Body and Vice Versa. Endeavor Life Sciences recently launched Everence, a way to stay truly connected with those who inspire you by utilizing patented technology to add DNA to a tattoo.
Everence provides a way for you to literally keep your spouse with you at all times. Your spouse’s DNA, the biological ingredient list that makes them who they are, is mixed with ink and tattooed like any normal tattoo.
Retired Navy SEAL Boyd Renner, who co-founded Endeavor Life Sciences with Patrick Duffy, understands the importance of being connected with those you love during deployments. He told NextGen MilSpouse this technology was inspired by Gold Star families.
For a service member, Everence is a way to have their spouse or child with them during long periods of separation.
For a military spouse, Everence is a way to have a physical and emotional connection to your service member fighting around the world. No matter what happens, you will forever have them with you.
This process of adding a loved one’s DNA to your tattoo is quite simple. Here is the process.
- Order a DNA collection kit from the Everence.life website for each person from whom you want Everence (one separate kit per person).
Endeavor Life Sciences is offering a 25% discount in addition to its reduced holiday price for NextGen MilSpouse readers. Enter promo code NEXTGEN at checkout. This offer ends January 31, 2018.
- Follow the instructions on the kit (this means swabbing the inside of the person’s cheek for whom you want Everence) and send the kit(s) back via the pre-addressed envelope.
- Endeavor Life Sciences will turn your DNA sample into Everence by using their patented process of DNA extraction, amplification, purification and encapsulation.
- Your Everence is sent back to you in powder form, along with a certificate of authenticity and extra DNA in an FTA card, which can be used to verify the DNA by a third-party DNA lab if you so desire.
- You take your Everence to your favorite tattoo artist. You can choose any tattoo artist.
- Your tattoo artist opens the safety seal on your Everence vial, mixes the Everence with any ink or carrier solution he or she chooses and applies the Everence/ink mixture as he or she would in any other tattoo. You can even have a tattoo artist add it to an existing tattoo or use a compound solution to add Everence invisibly.
- Your Everence journey begins! You have established an enduring connection to what inspires you – it will be with you at all times on your journey through life.
Pretty cool, huh.
Especially for military couples who are looking for real ways to carry their loved ones with them at all times. Everence is for couples who want more than a bracelet or a photo or a ring. This technology allows you to carry the memories of your loved ones with you at every minute of every day.
And isn’t that what we really want when we find ourselves ridiculously far away from our service members. We want them close. Super close. Like DNA close.
Yes. Yes it is.