This week Carmen Westbrook from Aina Giving swings by the Happy Hour to talk about how easy it is to have a global impact, and even get your kids involved! We also talk highlights from Military Spouse Week in D.C. and Amy’s favorite topics – Tricare and the commissary.
This post may contain affiliate links to products we mention in our podcast which basically means we earn a few cents if you buy through our links…they help us keep the lights on and the party going.
This Week’s Happy Hour Guest: Carmen Westbrook, Aina Giving
This week’s guest is Carmen Westbrook from Aina Giving. Carmen cofounded Aina Giving with fellow milspouse Kristin when she was looking for ways to volunteer her time for global causes.
Enter Aina, they vet nonprofits and nongovernmental organizations from around the world; then they partner with them so that anyone can do a simple activity to provide them support, such as making no sew blankets or stuffing pencil pouches. They’ve even created activities designed for summer playdates because as working moms, they get that summer is hard.
What We’re Talking About on NextGen MilSpouse
- To the Military Spouse Who Handles It
- 5 Thoughts on Resilience from Sheryl Sandberg
- How to Advocate Effectively When You’re a Military Spouse
Thank You to Our Sponsor, Armed Forces Insurance
NextGen MilSpouse Happy Hour is presented in partnership with Armed Forces Insurance.
Celebrating 130 years of protecting the nation’s current and retire service members, their children and Department of Defense civilians, AFI has a singular mission: You.
Armed Forces Insurance has military specialists and each member has an assigned agent, licensed in every state. From renter to business, home to auto insurance, there is a product to meet your needs.
Get your quote today at AFI.org.
Amy Brings the News from Military.com
- Services Continue to Move Patients Back to Base Hospitals
- Commissary’s New In-House Brands Coming This Month
- Supreme Court Ruling May Cut Spouses’ Divorce Pension Payments
What You Might’ve Missed on Social Media
- Corie Weathers inspired us at the Military Spouse of the Year Town Hall with her super hero talk, that yes, we aired on Facebook Live just for you!
- The American Military Partner Association and Hilton have a scholarship for every military spouse. Apply today. The deadline is June 15.
- Sorry kids, the tooth fairy didn’t have base access and 12 other CRAZY things military parents say
NextGen MilSpouse’s Happy Hour Podcast is the official podcast of. We offer a fresh and modern take on military life for today’s military spouse. From navigating your career to surviving your next move, NextGen MilSpouse has you covered.
Our news and current events are brought to you by our friends at Military.com. Make sure you never miss a show or a story by subscribing to our podcast on iTunes or GooglePlay and by signing up for the NextGen MilSpouse Newsletter . Still want more? Connect with us and other listeners in our Happy Hour Facebook Group.