NextGen MilSpouse’s Happy Hour Podcast is the official podcast of. We offer a fresh and modern take on military life for today’s military spouse. From navigating your career to surviving your next move, NextGen MilSpouse has you covered.
Our news and current events are brought to you by our friends at Military.com. Make sure you never miss a show or a story by subscribing to our podcast on iTunes or GooglePlay and by signing up for the NextGen MilSpouse Newsletter .
Episode 36 Happy Hour Podcast Notes
Join the NextGen MilSpouse Happy Hour Podcast crew as they talk about how they married their service member for the bennies, we’re looking at you Tricare.
Our Guest: Elise Blaha Cripe, GET TO WORK BOOK
This week’s guest is Elise Blaha Cripe, a small business owner, Navy spouse and get shit done guru. Elise has been blogging like a boss since 2005, running an online shop of handmade goods since 2008 and in 2015 she launched her GET TO WORK BOOK, a day planner and goal setting journal. In August 2016, Elise published a book of 100 pep talks with titles like “Be a Work in Progress” and “Give It a Rest.” Elise also hosts a weekly podcast, elise gets crafty, that focuses on creative small business.
What’s the deal with the GET TO WORK BOOK?
Elise launched her day planner and goal setting workbook two years ago. And you’re in luck! She’s offering an exclusive discount to Happy Hour listeners. Get 25% off everything at gettoworkbook.com through Feb 28; use code NEXTGEN25.
What We’re Talking About on NextGen MilSpouse
- Yes, I Married My Service Member for Tricare ‘Cause That Makes Sense
- The Working Military Spouse’s Guide to Maternity Leave
- Why My Goldendoodle is the Best Marriage Counselor
- What to do When You’re Overqualified for the Job You Want
- Year of You: Find ways to exercise without going to the gym
Amy Brings You News from Military.com
- Tricare Dental Premiums to Drop May 1
- Commissary Price Change Pilot Coming March 1
- What to Do When ‘Your’ Spouse is a Military Romance Scam
What You Might’ve Missed on Social Media
- What’s the one duty station that you never, ever want to go to? We asked and well, it may not be as bad as you think it will be.
- Even the description of this Superbowl ad from Hyundai will make you cry. Grab the tissues.