NextGen MilSpouse’s Happy Hour Podcast is the official podcast of. We offer a fresh and modern take on military life for today’s military spouse. From navigating your career to surviving your next move, NextGen MilSpouse has you covered.
Our news and current events are brought to you by our friends at Military.com. Make sure you never miss a show or a story by subscribing to our podcast on iTunes or GooglePlay and by signing up for the NextGen MilSpouse Newsletter .
Episode 32 Happy Hour Podcast Notes
The NextGen MilSpouse Happy Hour Podcast is back after a well-deserved winter break! We’re hitting the ground running with our first episode of 2017 as we share a behind the scenes look at our Year of You theme for 2017!
Guest: Amanda Crow of In Gear Career, a Program of Hiring Our Heroes and the U.S. Chamber Foundation
Our guest this week is Amanda Crowe. Amanda is the program manager of In Gear Career, a program of Hiring Our Heroes and the U.S. Chamber Foundation. She also writes the Dear Career column for Military.com and is a regular contributor to NextGen MilSpouse. Amanda is bringing us the hottest new announcements from In Gear Career including a deeper look at their groundbreaking Amplify career intensive for military spouse professionals across the career spectrum. We want to send a huge shout-out to Starbucks for hosting their March event at their Seattle HQ!
The 411 on In Gear Career for Military Spouses
Are you looking to connect with career-minded military spouses? Join one of In Gear Career’s soon to be 30+ local chapters around the world. In Gear Career is a part of Hiring Our Heroes and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation.
- Visit their website
- Find an In Gear Career chapter near you: Chapter Listing
- Want an instant connection? Join their Virtual Chapter Facebook Group
- Apply for AMPLIFY 2017
Amy Brings You News from Military.com
- Your State ID Won’t Work on These Bases
- Military Family Groups Marching in the Inauguration Day Parade
- Why You Need to Opt Out of FamilyTree.com Yesterday
What We’re Talking About on NextGen MilSpouse
- January 2017: The Year of You
- I Did Not Have a Huge Self-Identifying Experience and Other Things Deployment Did Not Do for Me
- Military Spouses Who Work It: Meghan McCarthy
- Year of You: How To Live Large and Spend Small