It’s Episode 18 of the NextGen MilSpouse Happy Hour Podcast for military spouses! We’re shaking things up this week because Ultimate Military Spouse Week, May 2-8, 2016, was crazy busy. In spite of Adrianna’s naive optimism, we did not record ANY podcasts last week despite her rose-colored-glasses and good-intentions to record not one, but two podcasts. We just nod and smile at her most of the time anyway.
Since we fell a little behind schedule, we decided to take it further by keeping our entire podcast team on the air the entire show! We can’t wait to hear what you think about how it turned out!
Side note, Ultimate Military Spouse Week (UMSW) is not a real thing, it’s just something we came up with to describe all of the awesome events taking place that week in D.C. including the Military Spouse of the Year Town Hall and Luncheon, American Military Partners Association 3rd Annual Gala, and a smattering of several others events like this year’s 5th Anniversary of Joining Forces celebration and the USO’s 75th birthday party.
NextGen MilSpouse Happy Hour Podcast Episode 18 Notes
Binge, Save and Splurge of the Week
These are affiliate links and sponsored stories from our partners…if you purchase via our links, you help us keep the lights on and the good times rolling.
Binge on West Wing on Netflix.
Save on a brand new Chevrolet with Chevrolet’s Military Discount! Now through May 31, nobody offers a more comprehensive discount – available to active duty, retirees and all veterans.
Splurge your time on the Puppy Cam! Cute puppies? Live streaming? Yes, please.
Hot Military Community News from Military.com &SpouseBuzz.com
- Meet Natasha Harth, the Armed Forces Insurance Military Spouse of the Year
- In vitro Fertilization Treatment for Injured Vets
- Casting Call for Families Who Want to Air Dirty Family Laundry on an Isolated Island brought to you about the people behind “Naked and Afraid”
What’s New on NextGen MilSpouse
- This month’s theme: The Power Within
- Power Spouse interview with Amy Bushatz
- How I Keep My Sanity as a MilSpouse
- Week 19 Challenge: Build Your Professional References List
What’s Trending on Social Media with Jessica Hall
- Joining Forces Celebrates Five Years With an Epic Instagram Campaign featuring NextGen’s Founder, Adrianna Lupher, and In Gear Career’s Amanda Crowe
- Military Spouse JD Network Wraps Up Michelle Obama’s cameo on NCIS and Military Spouse Licensure Issues
- Singing Through The Rain’s Military Spouses Don’t Know What They Are Marrying Into